Like most people, I suffer from writer’s block from time to time. I usually find that I’m tired, bored, or stressed when I can’t bring myself to write. It usually takes some work to get into the mode, but I’ve devised a list of some simple tips that won’t take too much effort to get you beyond that block.
- Write a different part of the book, or switch it up and write on another project for a while. This is when it’s good to have a couple projects you’re working on, so you can switch between them when one of them isn’t working for you.
- Listen to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. Click Here to Listen. After listening, just try to be uninspired.
- Freewrite about anything that comes to mind. It doesn’t have to be about your current project, or anything in particular; it just needs to be something. Write about a television show you just watched, or a conversation you just had. This is to get you into the mode of writing.
- Exercise. Okay, nevermind… This does take a bit more effort, but getting the blood flowing can do wonders for your brain! So maybe you could just try it.
- Listen to Podcasts about writing to get you fired up. This works wonders for me. Here are a couple recommendations: